- SBE sells its Orange Drop® product line to Cornell Dubilier Electronics, Inc.
- SBE signs Joint Marketing Agreement with Methode Electronics.
- Design win for Dynapower’s wind energy storage application.
- Design win for Dynapower’s chopper module.
- Full production ramp of Candela medical laser’s Power Ring.
- Design win for TM4 electric vehicle inverter.
- Opening Advanced Engineering and Research Center, in Loveland, Colorado.
- SBE introduces the Bank Hardener, hybrid film/aluminum electrolytic capacitor bank, at Intersolar Conference in San Francisco.
- SBE successfully completes the U.S. Department of Energy Manufacturing Grant Stimulus program, thereby establishing capacity to supply advanced capacitors for up to 100,000 electric vehicles per year.
- International patents issued (Japan and Israel) on Power Ring capacitor for transportation and alternative energy applications: “Thermally Induced Damage Resistive Capacitor and Method“.
- Design win for Candela medical laser.
- SBE and Quantum Technologies sign Technology Partnership Agreement.
- Los Alamos National Lab selects SBE capacitor design for demanding pulse application.
- Design win for Mission Motors, Mission R electric motorcycle.
- SBE’s featured in Fulton Innovation eCoupled electric vehicle wireless charger and wirelessly powered Kitchen at CES.
- SBE builds its first Power Ring capacitors in the new state of the art 53,000 square feet facility.
- SBE introduces ‘drop in’ integration modules for IGBT inverters at SAE Hybrid/Electric Vehicle Technologies Conference, Anaheim, CA.
- International patent issued (China) on Power Ring capacitor for transportation and alternative energy applications: “Thermally Induced Damage Resistive Capacitor and Method“.
- SBE is awarded the $9.1 Million grant from the U.S. Department of Energy Manufacturing Grant Stimulus program.
- SBE selected as Fulton Innovation eCoupled development partner and technology is displayed at CES.
- US Secretary of Energy, Steven Chu, announces ribbon cutting of SBE’s new, state of the art manufacturing plant.
- U.S. Patent #7,655,530 issued, describing method of manufacturing for the Power Ring: “Segmenting End Electrode Capacitor and Method of Segmenting an End Electrode of a Capacitor”.
- Design win for UQM’s PowerPhase®100 electric propulsion systems, to be used by CODA Automotive.
- Design win for Amway’s eCoupled wireless battery charging system.
- SBE starts low rate production for FieldMetrics’s MetPod, an integrated VT, clamp-on CT and meter.
- SBE to be awarded $9.1 Million from the U.S. Department of Energy Manufacturing Grant Stimulus program.
- First production orders for Arens’s utility truck electrification program and Applied Energetics’s power supply unit for their bomb detonation system.
- Second Power Ring patent issued, U.S. Patent #7,453,114:“Segmenting End Electrode Capacitor and Method of Segmenting an End Electrode of a Capacitor”, for transportation and alternative energy applications.
- Future Electronics becomes the worldwide distribution of SBE capacitors, including Power Rings.
- SBE Receives SBIR Phase II Award from the US Department of Energy for Hybrid Automotive Research.
- Opened Sales, Application Engineering and Sourcing Office in Xiamen, China.
- Design win for FieldMetrics’s MetPod, an integrated VT, clamp-on CT and meter.
- SBE extends its exclusive agreement with Taser International for an additional 5 years.
- SBE receives its first SBIR Phase I award from the US Department of Energy for “High Temperature, Low Cost Ripple Current Capacitors”.
- U.S. Patent #7,289,311 issued: “Power Ring Pulse Capacitor”.
- U.S. Patent # 7,008,858 issued: “Configuring a Capacitor with Enhanced Pulse Reliability”.
- SBE Power Ring is featured in a Design News Article.
- SBE presents its first technical paper at the Pulsed Power Conference in Monterey, California, titled “Annular Form Factor Film Capacitors”, outlining development work on the innovative Power Ring product.
- SBE signs a technology partnership agreement with Active Precision, Burlington, MA for the R&D of advanced capacitor winding technology.
- SBE introduces its new Clear View® non-outgassing film capacitors. The Clear View® series is specifically designed and manufactured for use in demanding pulse laser and other optical applications.
- SBE adds new High Voltage Orange Drop to portfolio; Type 718P/719P Corona-Free Polypropylene Film Capacitor series rated at 1500 VAC/5000 VDC.
- SBE delivers first Power Rings to General Motors for fuel cell car prototype.
- SBE attains ISO 9001-2000 Certificate of Registration.
- SBE honored with Vermont Small Business Innovator of the Year Runner-Up Award.
- SBE innovative technology is recognized by Mass High Tech.
- E²P² – Extreme Energy/Pulse Power, Power Ring film capacitor™ technology developed. Patent application submitted.
- SBE is the host to Gov. James Douglas’ Candidacy Announcement.
- SBE files a patent application on pulse technology.
- SBE submits first of many SBIR applications on new technology for the EPA; Navy and Army are added later.
- SBE becomes the exclusive supplier of capacitors to Taser International, the world’s leading supplier of stun guns.
- SBE signs a partnership agreement with FieldMetrics. Patent application filed.
- Capacitor Assemblies added as a product offering.
- SBE develops new Pulse Technology for use on TASER products.
- SB Electronics becomes SBE Inc. when the company is purchased in a management buyout by Ed Sawyer, President/CEO and Mark Browning, V.P. Sales & Marketing. Additional stockholders have since been added.
- SB Electronics purchases many of the Industrial Midwec product lines, designs, and production equipment.
- SB Electronics purchases the 192P Pacer product line from Sprague Electric and returns the manufacturing to Barre, Vermont where it was originally designed.
- SB Electronics is formed by purchasing the Orange Drop® product line from Sprague Electric and the manufacturing facilities in Barre, Vermont.
- Sprague Electric purchases the capacitor operations from Rock of Ages Corp. and assumes direct ownership. The plant is referred to as the Sprague-Barre operation.
- The radial-lead Orange Drop® film capacitor product lines are introduced, as well as the Type 192P Pacer® axial-lead, polyester film line.
- Employment reaches 940 at the Barre plant as new products are introduced. Sprague Barre is one of the larger employers in the state of Vermont.
- The Rock of Ages Capacitor Division moves to its newly renovated location at 131 South Main Street. They continue to support Sprague as the radio industry booms.
- Sprague Electric Co. enters into a sub-contracting agreement with the Rock of Ages Corp., one of the world’s largest granite producers located in Barre, Vermont, to manufacture capacitors for them. Their work is to support the war efforts.
- Robert C. Sprague invents a paper dielectric capacitor at his home in Quincy, Massachusetts and the Sprague Electric Company is formed.