SBE has been in the business of advanced capacitor technology for over 50 years, first as part of Sprague Electric and more recently as an independent company. SBE’s vast experience in solving power electronic problems with capacitor solutions has expanded into many technology areas and product offerings.
SBE’s product offering includes:
Capacitance from 70µF – 1500µF, voltages from 450V to 1500V, currents up to 500Arms continuous.
DC Link capacitors offer:
- Extremely low internal losses (ESR) – 0.15 – 0.4mOhms typical
- Industry-leading ESL characteristics – 3-10nH typical for capacitors, 10-20nH presented to switch inputs with suitable bus
- Extreme current pulse survival – in excess of 100kA
- Significant volumetric capacitor density
105ºC Coolant DC Link Capacitors
Capacitance range from 70µF – 1500µF, 450V – 1500V, ripple currents up to 300Arms continuous.
These capacitors come in small and large sizes.
- Small size capacitors: 0.001µF – 100µF, DC voltages to 5kV, AC voltages to 600Vac.
- Power Ring capacitors: 10µF – 3000µF, DC voltages to 8kV
- Sections can be stacked to achieve more than 100kV for pulsed power applications
Available as “plug and play” test kits for many of the popular IGBT switch modules by Infineon, Semikron, Fuji, and Danfoss, the SBE test kits allow the designer to pick a voltage and capacitance value and easily connect up the DC Link for validation testing. The characteristics of the test kit will be very similar to a final designed product or standard product offering.
A smaller, less expensive, more powerful and more reliable method of meeting your inverter or power conversion DC-link requirements.
Patented Pulse Capacitors
An approach to enhance the capability of film capacitors for extreme current density. See Patented Pulse Technology page for details.
Wireless and Inductive Power Capacitors
SBE has been a leading supplier of capacitor solutions to the inductive heating and charging markets. There is a limited number of standard capacitors. Please contact SBE application engineering for your particular requirements.
For more information on SBE products, see “Specifications” and “Application notes” pages.